Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I bought this cute set right away when it first came out thinking I would have so much fun with it. Well it's almost embarassing to admit this was my first time using it. I've struggling with figuring out how I want to use it. Well today I sat down and made myself use it and I actually like this card, I think it's fun and works well together. For the frog, I first stamped it in versamark and then straight into the old olive ink, this keeps the ink wet long enough to allow me to sprinkle clear embossing powder for a nice embossed look. A very easy technique. I also finally used my library clips. Once again I bought those thinking of all the great things I could use them for, and now I hoard them. Shame on me.


And here's the inside of the card. I try to make all my cards with a pretty inside too, it makes the card feel a little more balanced to have weight both in the front piece and back. Plus it makes it look so much more finished.

Recipe:
Stamps: Hoppy For You
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Old Olive, DSP-Maine Blueberry
Ink: Basic Black, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Always Artichoke
Other: Library Clips, Old Olive grasgrain Ribbon, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Kristin Moore said...

I've given that set a second glance a few times. You have totally done it justice- stinkin' adorable! Way to go using those library clips too- I've struggled using them as well!