Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Long List

I have a long list of things I need to do today, laundry, dusting, walking on the treadmill, etc. and yet here I am making cards and sitting in front of the computer. But this is so much better than all those other things so why not enjoy it and maybe the list will take care of itself, yeah right.

I made this card this morning going for a monochromatic look, I think I achieved it but I had to laugh at myself when I was done. I didn't even realize that the cross is inked up with sahara sand, there is no kraft ink. So my first concern, Stampin Up! really really needs to make a kraft coloured ink pad, so many of their dsp in this cataogue use kraft, I love this color. Now that I've said it, everyone will look at it and notice the colour difference. While I was making the card I kind of thought to myself that wow this ink really doesn't match the paper as well as it should, now I know why! Oh well, don't we wise up as we age...

Recipe:
Stamps: Refuge & Strength
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla, DSP-Bella Bleu
Ink: Sahara Sand, (not kraft), Not Quite Navy
Other: Half Back Pearls, Taffeta ribbon in kraft, Cuttlebug embossing folder

Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Angela Timms said...

Ahhg...I find myself saying the same thing. Too much! When I am off in my creative world again and again. By the way your cards are FAB-have a great day! Angela Timms