Saturday, May 9, 2009

I'm back, Finally!

Wow, how long has it been since I posted any cards?! Moving is such a time consuming thing to go through, especially if everything has to go into storage for a month. Well I'm not completely settled in, one thing I've learned with moving twice in such a short time frame is that I have way too much stuff. You always think that you might need something one day but years later you realize that you don't need it. So I'm preparing for a garage sale, I've already got 9 boxes of kitchen supplies ready, most of it being tupperware. I buy that stuff without really using it, so I'm ready to part with it. The only things I'm not ready to part with yet, are my stamps, I don't think I'll ever have too much of that!

Ok, so enough of the rambling. I made two cards this morning, one being a very simple card, almost too simple but sometimes that's okay too. The other card is a case from one of the many talented cardmakers out there but I never marked down who so if you recgonize it please give me a note and I'll give you the much deserved credit. I won't be posting the recipes for today's cards but if you have a question please give me a shout.

So on this first card I used some of my new stamps sets that I couldn't even touch when I first got them. (yeah that was hard, lol) I first stamped the flowers in the In colors but I wasn't liking how stark they looked so I used a blender pen to lightly shade them with the same color of ink. IRL it's a very subtle but nice effect.


And here's the second one, it's definitely not my favorite but at this point it just felt good to be creating again. I finally bought the Seaside stamp set so I was just itching to use it.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this. You have a fabulous blog!