Friday, June 12, 2009

Playing With my New Loot

I finally had some time this morning to play with all the new stuff I ordered. I had a workshop in my home yesterday which went really, we all got to play with my new bigshot. So this morning I redid the same card layout we did at the workshop, only I used the Fifth Avenue Floral set and also did a really cool technique for watercoloring the flower. LOVE this technique and I'm glad I finally got to try it.
And I also love this color combination, so pretty. What makes this card even prettier is that the flower uses shimmery cardstock, if yo look you'll see the subtle sparkle.

Recipe:
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Embrace Life, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Soft Suede, Rich Razzelberry, Very Vanilla, Shimmery White
Ink: Soft Suede. Rich Razzleberry
Other: Pretties Kit, Soft Suede Ribbon, Black Embossing Powder

This next card is the card we did at the workshop last night, it gave everyone the chance to try the Bigshot, but also kept it simple enough for any beginners. Love this layout. I should also mention that you can't see it in the picture, but we cut out two pieces of the top note die so that everyone could finish the inside. When you have a simple card, I think it really adds a wow factor when you do something to the inside.

Recipe:
Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Embrace Life, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla
Ink: Perfect Plum, Always Artichoke

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Gorgeous cards!! I just got the Fifth Avenue stamp set, your past cards had inspired me to make the purchase! I can't wait to try this watercolour technique, I love the colours you put together, its beautiful.