Thursday, September 24, 2009

More Christmas!

Making Christmas cards really makes me look forward to my favorite holiday, my husband can only shake his head when I start talking about Christmas, lol. And he shakes his head even more when I talk about waiting for our first snowfall!

I have two Christmas cards to share today. At the rate I'm going I should have my cards done early this year, wohoo!
The first card is made using the retired set, Peaceful Wishes. It's such a beautiful set for creating a warm Christmas card. The ornaments are from the Delightful Decorations set out of SU!'s new mini catalogue. First I stamped them on Very Vanilla cardstock using Bravo Burgundy ink and then after I punched them out I sprayed them with some shimmer paint. It adds a nice sparkle to the card.

Stamps: Peaceful Wishes, Delightful Decorations, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla,
Ink: Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy
Other: Champagne Shimmer Paint, Gold Cording

The following card is one we made at one of my workshops this month. (In the picture the greeting looks horribly blurred but IRL it looks fine, not sure why.) I love SU!'s new snowflake punch and love to use it when I can. We first punched out the snowflake and then dabbed it with shimmer paint. We also used the bigshot texture plates to give the card some more umph.


Stamps: Sincere Salutations,
Paper: Real Red, Soft Suede, DSP-Christmas Cocoa
Ink: Soft Suede
Other: Soft Suede Ribbon, Rhinestone brad

Thanks for stopping by!
Tina

1 comment:

Deb said...

Tina, love both of these cards!!! Love the colours, especially the shimmer on the ornaments.