Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Eastern Influences, Part II

As promised, I'm back to post another card using the Eastern Influences set. This card doesn't have an Eastern feel to it all all but that's why I love this set, so many different ways you could use it.

I saw this card a while ago and fell in love with the colour combination and the layout. Although I think I should have gone with a slightly deeper blue. The dsp matches with a retired in colour, Baja Breeze, but I found that it really works well with a number of blues. I did not stamp a sentiment on the front of the card, I'll do that once I decide what I need it for.

I stamped the image in basic black and used my ink pads and blender pens to colour the image. I'm still trying to figure out whether I prefer water colouring with aqua painters or blender pens. Well I guess it wouldn't really be water colouring if I use a blender pen but I can get almost the same results. I added a little dazzling diamonds to the flower to give it a little extra dazzle! And used crystal effects for the faux brads.

Stamps: Eastern Influences
Paper: Very Vanilla, Bashful Blue, Water colour pp, DSP-Retired
Ink: Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss, Always Artichoke, Bashful Blue, So Saffron
Other: Bashful Blue Ribbon, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds

Thanks for stopping by!
Tina

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a pretty card! Love the papers and layout. Well done!