Monday, February 15, 2010

I Love Holidays Mondays!

I love the relaxed feeling you get from having a holiday Monday, my husband and kids spent most of the morning building a snow fort that could rival the Pentagon and that gave me the perfect time to get a few cards made. And then for lunch we had homemade waffles and cream, yes we had that for lunch...because we can, lol.

Today's card is made with a set that I had overlooked many times while browsing our catalogue, Eastern Influences. Such a pretty set, wish I had gotten it sooner. I'm not sure why but the brayered piece looks almost more yellow than green but I promise in real life it's the same green as the background, only a little lighter.

I first brayered on So Saffron lightly, and then topped it off with Kiwi Kiss (retired). I have struggled for many years trying to get a softer look with a brayer and I think I finally have it figured out. Wohoo!

You can sort of see the inside, but I used the same colours to brayer the inside piece only the heavier green is at the bottom. I was going to take a picture of the inside but totally forgot.

Stamps: Eastern Influences
Paper: Very Vanilla, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black
Ink: So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Rose Red, Always Artichoke
Other: Satin Ribbon, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

Thanks for stopping by, check back tomorrow for another card using this set!
Tina

No comments: