Monday, August 9, 2010

Just what I Needed

How nice it was just to stamp the day away, with breaks of course. I finally had the chance to put ink to these cute little girls. My six year old daughter pleaded for this set the first time she saw them in the catalogue and has enjoyed colouring them!

I stamped the image on water colour paper and used a combination of blender pens and aqua painters with various colours. I paper pieced one of the dresses, love the look! Once I was done colouring I ran the paper through my big shot with a circle Nestability and sponged Baja Breeze for the sky before I removed the paper from the die. I added faux stitching to the designer paper pieces with my Chocolate Chip marker. I realize that I forgot to add a sentiment to the card, (who does that?!) I'll add one before it gets used, this will probably make a good Birthday card for one of our daughter's cousins or friends.

Stamps: The Nicest Things
Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Water Colour pp, DSP-Sunny Garden
Ink: Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, Blush Blossom
Other: Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

Have a great day!
Tina

No comments: